Onsite Bhakti Vaibhav (Module-1 Canto 1 & 2)
By Kanai Krishna Das
No. Of Sessions
Sessions per week
Schedule of Classes
About the Teacher
Kanai Krishna Das
About the Teacher
Kanai Krishna Das is a disciple of His Holiness Radhanatha Swami Maharaja. He joined ISKCON in 2001. Currently he serves as a full-time monk in ISKCON
NVCC, Pune, India. After completing his graduation in mechanical engineering, in 2004, from Govt. College of engineering, Pune, he worked with MNCs such as FMR Corporation, Honeywell Corporation and others, as an Oracle consultant for 6 years.
He joined as a full-time monk in ISKCON Pune in year 2011. Since his college years, he has rendered services as a preacher of Krishna consciousness to student and corporate youth.
He is a member of ISKCON’s Shastric Advisory Council (SAC), a body which advises GBC on the matters pertaining to Shastras and their applications in ISKCON.
He is the Director of Academics at ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya, Govardhan. He is also the Dean of academics at ISKCON NVCC, for Bhakti Shastri, Bhakti Vaibhava and Bhakti Vedanta courses. He is a Sanskrit scholar with expertise in Paninian Grammar. He teaches Sanskrit grammar, Sanskrit commentaries on Bhakti Shastras as well as courses like Bhakti Vaibhava and Bhakti Vedanta to students at IBMV Govardhan, ISKCON Pune and other places in India.
Srila Prabhupada suggested four levels of study of his books—Bhakti-sastri, Bhakti-vaibhava, Bhakti-vedanta and Bhakti-sarvabhauma. After completing Bhakti-sastri, a sincere devotee who wants to enhance his knowledge and understanding of Vaishnava philosophy through the contents of Srimad Bhagavatam can pursue Bhakti-vaibhava. The course aims at preparing the Vaishnavas more determined in practicing Krishna consciousness. This course would be helpful for the development of preaching skills with reference to the purports of Srimad Bhagavatam. This course brings deepened appreciation of Srila Prabhupada’s mood and mission as revealed in his purports.
Bhakti Vaibhav is a detailed study of the cantos one to six of the Srimad Bhagavatam. We are starting our Onsite Bhakti-vaibhava batch Module 1 which will cover Canto 1 & 2.
The speciality of studying Bhakti-vaibhava course at ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya is that with the systematic study of Bhaktivedanta purports, you will also study the commentaries of previous Acharyas such as Sridhar Swami, Jiva Goswami and Vishvanatha Cakravarti Thakur.
Eligibility: Those who have done Bhakti Sastri can only pursue this course. You need to submit your Bhakti Sastri certificate issued from ISKCON Board of Examination.
Course materials: Students’ Handbook
Course duration (No. of hours):
• 5 units, total hours-
• 3 units, total hours-
Total hours for cantos 1, & 2 — 172 hours.
Teachers: H.H. Bhakti Vigyan Goswami, H.H. Bhakti Prachar Parivrajak Swami, H.G. Kanai Krishna Das, H.G. Kamal Lochan Das, H.G. Radhika Vallabh Das and H.G. Srikeshav Das
Target audience: All devotees who have a Bhakti-shastri certification and are enthusiastic to continue their scriptural studies with Srimad-Bhagvatam. Srila Prabhupada desired that all ISKCON devotees must take the Bhakti-Vaibhava certification.
• Open book questions
• Closed book exams for each unit
• Sloka recitation
• Two presentations for the first Canto
- You must be 18 years or above in age.
- As per the guidelines of ISKCON Board of Examination to pursue Bhakti Vaibhav course, the students must chant a minimum 16 rounds of Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily and follow four regulative principles.
- You must have done Bhakti Sastri from any of the authorized centers of ISKCON and have a Bhakti Sastri certificate from ISKCON Board of Examinations.
- For better understanding we humbly request you to read all the six cantos before you begin the deep study of these books with us and be fully benefited from the course.
- As the course is in English, proficiency in English language is expected.
- As per the rules & regulations of ISKCON Board of Examination, for getting the Bhakti Vaibhav degree, you must have at least 75% attendance per unit in classrooms.
- You need to submit a recommendation letter by an ISKCON authority (your Spiritual Master/GBC member/Temple President/Co-President) who knows you well, certifying your character, sadhana, Brahminical tendencies and being favorably engaged in the preaching mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu for at least last 12 months. Please download the recommendation letter format from the link below:-
You need to submit the recommendation letter along with your Bhakti Sastri certificate in this google form with other details:-
- You will be interviewed for the admission in the course only after you submit these valid documents: (1) Bhakti Sastri certificate from ISKCON Board of Examinations, (2) Recommendation letter as mentioned above.
- Your admission will be confirmed through an e-mail after the interview.
- Course fees is INR 10,000 (admission fees: 1000 + prasadam charges: 9000). Prasadam (Indian meals) will be provided twice a day. We will be unable to grant any special requests in this regard.
- Accommodation will be arranged by you and the cost thereof will be borne by you. We will provide assistance in finding the accommodation.
- Students who only wish to attend the classes but not take up the assessment part will not be allowed in the course. Regular attendance in the classes and participation in the full course in terms of the assessment process is mandatory.
- Students will maintain the decorum in terms of classroom behavior and outfit (only vaisnava attire allowed, kurta and dhoti for prabhus and traditional dress like saree or gopi dress for matajis is compulsory).
- Basic knowledge of Sanskrit will be highly beneficial, although not a mandatory requirement, for the course.