Relishing the Bhagavad-gita
By Chaitanya Charan Das
90 minutes each
90 minutes each
No. Of Sessions
Sessions per week
Schedule of Classes
8.00 pm to 9:30 pm ISTRegular classes on
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
About the Teacher
Chaitanya Charan Das
About the Teacher
Chaitanya Charan Das is a monk, mentor and Spiritual author.
Spiritual teacher for nearly 25 years in the bhakti-yoga tradition through its modern-day expression, ISKCON (International Society for Krishna consciousness).
- He has done his Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering from the Government College of Engineering, Pune.
- He subsequently served as a software engineer in a prominent multinational software corporation.
- He also secured 2350 out of 2400 in GRE, gaining the top rank in Maharashtra.
- He is the author of the world’s only Gita-daily feature, wherein he writes daily a 300-word inspirational reflection on a verse from the Bhagavad-Gita. Till now he has written over seventeen hundred Gita meditations.
- His articles have been published in many national newspapers including Indian Express, Economic Times and Times of India in the Speaking Tree column.
- His writings in English have been translated into several foreign languages including German, Chinese and Romanian and several Indian languages including Kannada, Telugu, Bengali, Hindi and Marathi.
- He is a member of ISKCON’s leading intellectual body, the Shastric Advisory Council, and is the associate-editor of ISKCON’s global magazine, Back to Godhead.
• Author of 25 books that explain the relevance of Vedic wisdom-texts including the Bhagavad-gita and the Ramayana.
• Author of the world’s only daily blog on the Bhagavad-gita, gitadaily.com, where he has written some 4000 articles on the Gita.
• Invited speaker at TEDx, World Peace Conference- UNESCO, Intel, Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Massachusetts and Cambridge.
• Gives 400 talks across 100 cities in 4 continents every year.
Course description :
The Bhagavad-gita is widely known as a book of profound philosophy. Far less known is that it is a book of sweet loving exchanges between humanity and divinity through the medium of philosophy. As we understand the thoughts, emotions and intentions of Krishna and Arjuna during their battlefield discussion, we not only appreciate the Gita’s message better, thus nourishing our head with conviction; we also become increasingly attracted to the Gita’s speaker, thus nourishing our heart with devotion.
The battlefield breakdown: How Arjuna’s tears and fears reveals his extraordinary character (Chapter 1)
The karma-yoga confusion: Why Arjuna asks the same question twice and how Krishna provides deeper answers (Chapters 2 to 5)
The messy mind: Why Arjuna is apprehensive about dhyana-yoga and how Krishna addresses his concerns (Chapter 6)
The bhakti breakthrough: How Krishna’s mood and message change from dispassion to compassion (Chapters 7 to 10)
The virata vision: How Arjuna finds the universal form thrilling, chilling — and inspiring (Chapters 11 & 12)
The sankhya synthesis: How Krishna shows that way of the head leads to the heart (Chapters 13 to 17)
The endearing ending: How Krishna’s love overflows from his heart, embracing and enriching everyone (Chapter 18)
Course materials : PPT handouts
Target audience : open for all
Assessment plan : none
Frequently Asked Questions
By (BS Hindi) ISKCON Bhagavata MahavidyalayaPAID
ISKCON Disciple Course (English)
By Krishna Rupa Devi DasiPAID
ISKCON Disciple Course (Hindi)
By Yashodakirti Devi DasiPAID
Diploma in Bhagavad-gita
By Premasindhu Gauranga DasPAID
Srimad Bhagavatam Reading Marathon (for South African devotees only)
By Brajsundar DasFREE
Марафон по чтению Шримад Бхагаватам (Srimad Bhagavatam Reading Marathon)
By ISKCON Bhagavata MahavidyalayaFREE
Bhagavata Pravaah (Hindi) भागवत प्रवाह (स्कंध-1)
By Srikeshav DasPAID
संपूर्ण श्रीमद्भागवत (संक्षिप्त) (Sampurna Srimad Bhagavatam Overview)
By Ramanuja DasPAID
मनः शिक्षा (अपने मन को कैसे प्रशिक्षित करें) Manah Siksha
By Prashant Mukund DasPAID
Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu-Module 2 (Southern Division)
By Sankarshan Nitai DasPAID
By His Holiness Bhakti Dhira Damodara SwamiPAID
The Secrets of Upanishads (Overview of 11 principal Upanishads)
By Jay Damodar DasPAID
Krishna Lila (Overview of Tenth Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam)
By Brajsundar DasPAID
Establishing Shrimad Bhagavatam as the Highest Scripture
By Kanai Krishna DasPAID
Bhagavata Rasotsavam (Study of 1st canto based on Sarartha Darsini tika of Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura)
By Venu Gopal DasPAID
व्रज मंडल परिक्रमा (Online Braj Mandal Parikrama)
By Vraja vilas DasPAID
लघु-भागवतामृत (Laghu Bhagavatamrita)
By Chandra Govind DasPAID
6 Essential Life Management Skills from B-Gita
By Dr. Prem Prakash PathakPAID
4 Weeks (18 Hrs)